Gartner named ServiceNow a leader in the 2018 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise High-Productivity Application Platform as a Service (HPaPaaS) Market.
The Now Platform is used by 800 of the Forbes Global 2000 companies to accelerate their digital transformation initiatives. It supports all ServiceNow’s cloud services (SaaS applications) for IT Service Management (ITSM), security operations, customer service management, human resources service delivery, and intelligent applications developed by partners and customers.
The Now Platform accelerates the digitization of manual business processes by enabling anyone to quickly build, test, and deploy applications that automate work across the enterprise.
The Now Platform — The Possibilities!
Most organizations face a number of challenges while building custom applications using traditional methods. The challenges can be classified as follows:
- Difficulty in meeting business requirements on time
- Lack of flexibility
- Takes too long to update apps
- Difficulty in meeting business requirements on budget
- Lack of qualified staff
- Poor customer experience
- High costs
- Poor quality
- Inadequate security
The Now Platform’s low-code development functionality significantly addresses all the challenges listed here and provides organizations with reliable, scalable, secure and functional applications
It does this by allowing you to re-imagine every business process as a digital workflow. It empowers anyone to extend and build modern workflow apps quickly with zero or low-code development.
The Now platform adopts a model-driven execution platform approach. Here, the visual application creation environment generates an intermediate domain-specific representation of the application in question which the platform interprets and executes directly at run time.
It typically runs on the public cloud. Applications can run as soon as the developer assembles a few pieces of the app, thus simplifying and expediting the development, testing, and interactions with stakeholders.
These applications are future-proof as they function exactly the same way even after the platform goes through an update. Apps that are developed on the Now platform can participate in all the advantages of the cloud, including horizontal scalability and pay-as-you-go, pay-for-what-you-use pricing models.
Customers who build applications using the low-code interfaces of the Now Platform can take advantage of the full breadth of capabilities of the respective platform.
- Service creator – Create and offer custom services through the service catalog, made accessible by users via a service portal
- Form designer – Build or change a form with a visual UI designer
- Flow designer – A graphical workflow editor that provides a drag-and-drop interface for creating and automating multi-step processes
- Portal designer – A portal framework that provides a simple way to create service portals for end users
- UI policies – Easily define user-interface policies to dynamically change information on a form and control custom process flows for tasks
- Table & Schema builder – Easily display details of tables and their relationships in a visual manner to access different parts of the database schema
ServiceNow customers have used no/low-code interface to build case management, operations management, and enterprise service management solutions — incident tracking, preventive maintenance status reporting, and service request forms
The Now Platform Advantage
Applications built using no/low-code interface can leverage the capabilities of Now Platform. It ensures enterprise-grade security, quality and robustness while the application can make use of the core services, integration services, intelligent automation, user experience and notification services
The Now platform is revolutionizing the way applications are built as a part of the digital transformation initiatives. It provides control to the business user who can easily make use of interfaces to develop, test and deploy applications on the go.
About the Author
Vasudevan, Chief Consultant at Cognix Inc. Vasu is an Technology Enthusiast and has been working almost 20 years in serving clients by delivering utmost quality products and services on Enterprise Digital Transformation.